Joining a Hearthstone Tournament – Becoming a Pro
A Hearthstone tournament is generally either an official tournament sanctioned by Blizzard, or another unofficial tournament that did not receive their sanction (legal, otherwise, but not as big). These Hearthstone tournaments generally set rules for the game format type, the tournament format, and the match format. All of these championships generally take place at a certain time all over the world, which is why it is always a good idea to check the Hearthstone tournament schedule. Depending on your location in the world, it might take place at different hours of the day.
The Hearthstone Masters
When talking about the official Hearthstone online tournament scene, we have a three-tier tournament system. This system goes under the name of Hearthstone Masters, and you can go through the following:
- Hearthstone Master Tour
- Hearthstone Masters Qualifiers
- Hearthstone Grandmasters
This new three-tier system was actually created in 2019 as a replacement for the Hearthstone World Championship Tour. It was a means to simplify the tournament so that everyone wanting to join could do so, regardless of their skill levels.
The Hearthstone Tournament Match Format
When it comes to Hearthstone online tournaments, each match has a different format.
- Shield-Phase Conquest: Played as a best-of-three series, this match is generally the most common match, as it has a Conquest format, but with a Shield Phase.
- Specialist: This match type used in tournaments was first used in Hearthstone Masters, and it implements a type of sideboards. It uses specialized moves and is generally a god tournament for those that already have experience
- Conquer: Used in almost every tournament, the Conquest has one purpose – and that is to conquer as much as possible.
- Last Hero Standing: As its name suggests, this game is played to the last person. The first person to eliminate all decks from the other opponents is the winner.
A tournament generally consists of a variety of matches, which you will have to win accordingly.
Different Tournament Formats
Like the matches, tournaments will also have their own formats. The most common formats for tournaments include the single-elimination, the double-elimination, the Swiss, the Round Robin, and the dual tournament.
Each of these online Hearthstone tournaments is special in its own ways and may have its own rules – which is why you might always want to check with the official Hearthstone page. Depending on the tournament that you join, you may be placed in teams with a certain number of people, playing under the same banner. Each player has the purpose of taking the other out so that they can go higher up the tournament rankings.
By the time the tournament is over, you can check the Hearthstone tournament results on the news page. This way, you will know whether or not you have become the most popular player and if you won the grand prize in the game. The more tournaments you win, the more sponsorship you will be able to go – and the higher up you will be able to go on the Hearthstone gaming scale.